BlackMagic Pocket Camera (CINECAMPOCHDMFT )
Introducing the pocket sized Super 16 digital film camera that’s small enough to keep with you at all times, so you’ll never miss a shot! Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes™ recording and the flexibility of an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all packed into an incredibly tiny size! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records 1080HD
resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files direct to fast SD cards, so you can immediately edit or color correct your media on your laptop. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is everything you need to bring cinematic film look shooting to the most difficult and remote locations, perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, music festivals, ENG, protest marches and even war zones.
The digital film camera that’s always with you!
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is a true high dynamic range film look camera in an extremely portable size, so now you can shoot cinema quality in situations never before possible! Imagine shooting a documentary, episodic television production, television commercial or independent film in the true quality of digital film. With its extremely compact size, you can covertly shoot important and historic events such as wars, protests and other conflict in cinema quality and get a more realistic record of the event. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is a true revolution in how you can shoot digital cinema!
Retain more image detail for more color grading power
Regular video cameras shoot limited dynamic range, which is why their pictures look like video. Digital cinema cameras have a much wider dynamic range and is the reason why high end television commercials and feature films look so beautiful.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a true film look because it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops, so your images look truly cinematic. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading!
The technology of a digital film camera packed into a tiny size
Precision engineered with state of the art technology, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera takes all the high quality features of a professional digital cinema camera and packs them into an incredibly small size. This premium quality design features a solid magnesium alloy chassis, an MFT mount for interchangeable optics, Super 16 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless CinemaDNG RAW file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality!
Flexible lens mount for all types of quality glass
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use the most incredible range of lenses. With the Super 16 size sensor you can use a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses, or use commonly available low cost Micro Four Thirds lenses and more. With full electronic control of your lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command! The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built in SD card recorder that captures stunning ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. As an open format, it’s compatible with most popular NLE software so you get a digital camera that’s perfectly designed for post production workflows. When you’ve finished recording you can easily mount the card straight into a laptop, ready for editing. You can even color grade direct from the card with the included DaVinci Resolve Lite! SD cards are commonly available and can be formatted for either HFS+ or exFAT, making them compatible with either Mac OS X or Windows.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is one of the few cameras to support true open file formats, so you’re not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can’t handle. You get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow.
- High Resolution Display
- The3.5″, 800 x 480 resolution LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review files recorded on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time. Camera status displayed at the bottom of the screen shows record status, shutter angle, time lapse interval, aperture setting, ISO, battery level and record time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera even includes built-in metadata entry.
- SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder. With the fast read/write capabilities of SDXC and SDHC cards you can record digital film quality images to a memory card that is smaller than a postage stamp. The camera creates 12-bit lossless compressed CinemaDNG and 10-bit ProRes 422 (HQ) files that are way beyond broadcast standards. When using ProRes you can record for more than 50 minutes on a 64GB SD card at 24 frames per second.
- Removable EL-EN20 Compatible Battery
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a removable and rechargeable lithium ion battery, which provides up to an hour of continuous recording time. The Nikon EL-EN20 battery type is commonly available, so you can purchase multiple batteries if you need to shoot for longer periods. The battery charge time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes with the camera off. Plus, with a wide 12-20V power input range the camera can easily be powered and charged from larger professional camera batteries and other power sources.
- Professional Connections
- The connections on the side of the camera include a micro HDMI output with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that is compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones. A LANC control input is also included for remote operation, and you can power the camera and recharge the removable battery with the 12V DC input.
- Metadata Support
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can record metadata such as automatic camera data and user data like shot numbers, custom filenames and keywords. A four-way directional control pad allows users to navigate the menus and enter metadata.
- Mounting Options
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a 1/4″-20 UNC threaded mounting point on the top and bottom of the camera. This enables any number of support configurations, from mounting the camera on a tripod and attaching accessories to car mounts, pole mounts and practically any type of set-up you can imagine.