Introducing the BOSE F1 Flexible Array Loudspeaker System! This is the very first powered portable loudspeaker that gives you complete control over its vertical coverage pattern. Whether you’re playing at ground level, on a stage or platform facing raked seats or bleachers, you can adjust the F1 System accordingly. The BOSE F1 Flexible Array Loudspeaker System allows you to custom-tailor your sound to any room to achieve the best possible results.
The F1 Model 812 features a specially designed flexible array that allows for four different coverage patterns, in addition to 100-degree horizontal coverage. This 1000 W full-range module features a 12-inch woofer, and eight 2.25-inch mid-high drivers. The F1 Subwoofer (sold separately) is the perfect compliment to the F1 Model 812 and provides bold and robust extended bass response. For mind-blowing performance, consistent coverage and tonality, look no further than the BOSE F1 Flexible Array Loudspeaker System!
How it works
The eight drivers on the F1 Model 812 Flexible Array loudspeaker are mounted on a custom and unique flexible baffle. Just push or pull the array into the desired position to achieve four separate vertical coverage patterns: “Straight,” ”J,” “Reverse J,” or “C.” Once in place, the system instinctively adjusts the EQ to retain optimal tonal balance for each distinct coverage pattern. The F1 Subwoofer features high-excursion 10-inch drivers which enable its two woofers to provide the powerful punch of a bigger bass box. Please continue reading for more info.
F1 Model 812 Overview
As stated earlier, the F1 Model 812 is the very first powered portable loudspeaker that gives you complete control its vertical coverage pattern. This revolutionary technology enables you to adapt your PA any room or setup. Now let’s take a look at the F1 Model 812’s key features.
- FLEX array: Bose unique flexible baffle can be placed into four distinct shapes, allowing you to utilize the best possible coverage pattern for the given application
- Eight-driver mid/high line array: Eight vertically mounted drivers, each mounted on a special waveguide help deliver broad and balanced coverage
- 12-inch LF driver: High-performance woofer produces bold low-end frequency output
- 2-channel integrated mixer: Two inputs with individual level controls connect XLR, 0.25-inch in addition to RCA connectors
F1 Model 812 In Detail
- 8-Driver Array: 8 x 2.25” Neodymium Drivers. The vertical orientation of the eight-driver loudspeaker array helps deliver broad and even sound coverage, supplying greater clarity and tonal balance for speech, music and instruments.
- Flexible Baffle: Allows for 4 distinct, selectable coverage patterns:
- Straight: Straight Array (Tightest Vertical Control). Perfect for when the audience is on the same plane (i.e. live music at a bar).
- Reverse-J: Reverse “J” Array (Adjust Vertical Splay Up). This setting is perfect for covering bleachers at a high school event.
- C: “C” Array (Adjust Vertical Splay Up and Down). This setting can be used to effectively cover raked seating.
- J: “J” Array (Adjust Vertical Splay Down). Ideal for stage use.
- 100-Degree Waveguide: Provides 100-degree wide horizontal coverage
- 12-inch Woofer: High-output, low-frequency driver supplies robust bass response with low distortion at high SPL
- Tuned Ports: Four Tuned Ports allow for even greater bass response
- Carry Handles: Ergonomically placed for easy carry and mounting
- Fly Points and Bracket Ready: M8 threads at the crown of speaker enable safe hanging. 4 M8 threaded inserts are also integrated on the back for optional mounting brackets.
- Stand Options: The F1 Model 812 features a custom key built directly into the base that fits the standard F1 Subwoofer stand. A 35mm pole cup is additionally included for compatibility with standard speaker stands.
When it comes to bold and rich extended bass response, the Bose F1 Subwoofer delivers. This compact subwoofer packs the power of a bigger bass box, is much easier to move, and can fit into your car. A mounting stand for the loudspeaker lies directly in the body of the subwoofer, allowing for a quick and easy setup. The stand also includes cable channels to discreetly hide the cables.
F1 Subwoofer Key Features:
- High-performance compact subwoofer: The performance of a larger bass box in an extremely compact design that weighs less and easier to carry
- High-excursion 10-inch drivers: 2 woofers richly provide deep and robust bass
- Integrated mounting stand: Built-in stand stored in the back of the subwoofer allows for fast and easy setup. Easily mount your F1 Model 812
- Stand Lock: Keeps your stand locked on the sub for safe and secure storage
- Cable channels: Neatly conceal the wires for both safety and aesthetics
- Line output EQ: Output can be set to THRU (full-range) or HPF (high-pass filter) enabling easy crossover selection when used in conjunction with a main loudspeaker
- 1000 Watts: High-Power for robust low-frequency extension
- Compact, Lightweight Design: Durable construction, yet light enough for one person can carry